Thursday, April 29, 2010

Planting time

gardeningWe started planting our gardens today. It is still early to plant around here, but we have had some unusually warm weather, which has us all itching to get the gardens planted.

We only planted a few seeds, and most of those had to be started indoors anyway. We planted a variety of bell peppers. One seed packet is a mixture of 5 colors of pepper. I am way too excited about them. I would love to see purple peppers in my garden. Given that Kutey can eat half a bell pepper in a sitting, having them growing in our garden would be a treat. The other packet was a green/red bell pepper. If they all grow and produce, we should have plenty to freeze for the winter!

We also planted some morning glories and violas. Kutey picked them out when I was looking at the vegetables with Kiddo and Hubby. She really likes her flowers. Both are seeds, but they seemed to be hardier seeds, from what I read on the back of the packet. Let's hope they survive!

Kiddo and Kutey wanted to help with everything. They weeded, dug, raked, planted, watered, and generally got in there and got dirty. I can't wait to get the rest of the garden going, too! We have carrots (three colors!), zucchini, and summer squash to plant, and I'll get some tomato plants from the nursery (I don't do those from seed...I don't know why.)

No comments: