Monday, January 23, 2012

Oodles of free Kindle books...

I love my iPad. I didn't know how much I would use it until I got it. And I admit, I am only just scratching the surface of what we can do with it. I am constantly on the look-out for new apps that will help us in our school endeavors. Mostly I look for free apps, though I have splurged and bought a few, a topic for another post!

One of the things I love about my iPad is the Kindle app for reading books. Again, I am still reading mostly free books, but I am thoroughly enjoying them, none-the-less. I use it to read at night, so I can read in bed when hubby wants to go to sleep. The lights can be off, and I can still read perfectly.

Recently, however, I came across this list on Ami's blog Walking by the Way. Oh. My. Goodness. So many books! For free! For kids! There are several on her list that I have almost purchased in paperback form, but never quite felt the need. The Burgess books, for example. I am so excited that I can now download them to my iPad! I am also excited about the Lucy Fitch Perkins Twins books. I own an ancient copy of the Japanese Twins. It was a book that sat on my grandparents shelf through my entire childhood. I nabbed it when they were preparing to move, and it is a treasured book. Being able to read all of them, however, is very exciting!

Where do you find free and inexpensive books for your kindle/nook?

No comments: