Monday, July 13, 2009

Some Fourth of July food fun!

I like to do something special foodwise on the fourth of July. Usually we go have a picnic somewhere and I just try to have red, white, and blue foods (usually some sort of fruit). This year, I was walking 13 miles on the 4th (I am training for the Breast Cancer 3-day), so a picnic was not in the plans. Instead we had a picnic at home on the 5th. We made these:Photobucket

I put out bowls of strawberries, marshmallows, and blueberries and let the kids make what they wanted. They loved it! Kiddo has been able to recognize patterns for a long time, but we never did the "abacabac" thing. I tried it with these, and he got it right off and was naming his patterns as he made them after one introduction. He also was thinking of other things we could make kabobs out of (ham and cheese was the favorite of the ideas). I sometimes forget how fun simple things can be.

No comments: