Thursday, July 2, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday--Patriotic/4th of July

Monday's Muffin Tin Monday theme was Patriotic/4th of July. I planned to go with just the standard red, white, and blue, but as I was putting it together America, the Beautiful kept running through my head, so I took a little different turn...
muffin tin Monday
Here are the lyrics to the song, see if you can guess which food item corresponds to the highlighted words.
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain;
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood,
From sea to shining sea.

I sang the song and made the kids guess what each thing was. Kiddo did pretty well, and Kutey got a couple that Kiddo didn't get. She also got the ones he did get, but mostly because she was watching what he pointed to!

Here is a bit closer picture of Kiddo's:
muffin tin Monday

And one of Kutey's:
muffin tin Monday

I'll post the answer on Muffin Tin Monday next week!

No comments: