Monday, March 15, 2010

Whipping Cream Jell-o

My kids adore Jell-o. In their eyes, you can never have it often enough. I came across this just before St. Patrick's day last year, and I knew we had to try it. They liked it enough that it made a repeat appearance this year! I made it for Muffin Tin Monday's green themed tin, but it will come back on Wednesday for the big day.

Since I spent a good deal of time this weekend looking for the recipe to make it, I am going to type it up here. You should, however, click through to see how beautiful it is! I have pictures, but mine are not nearly as pretty!

Whipping Cream Jell-o
2 (3 oz.) boxes of Jell-o (any flavor, but for St. Patrick's Day, we used lime)
2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup whipping cream

Dissolve the Jell-o in the boiling water. Pour in a flat dish (I used a 9 x 9 glass baking dish--I actually just mixed it all in the pan--less dishes that way!). Let stand for about 10 minutes. Mix in the whipping cream. (The cream will float on top of the Jell-o. The kids love to watch it spread across the top.) Chill until set. Cut in squares and serve (or get fancy like they do here).

Simple, no? And tasty! This time I ended up using a box of lime jello and a box of lemon jello. I forgot I needed 2 when the shopping was done, so I had to go with what I had. It was either make a half batch or mix and match. The lemon-lime combination is good and it still comes out very green, so it was good.

No comments: