Monday, May 4, 2009

Water Table Weather

Water TableA few years ago, I splurged and bought a Sand and Water table. I rarely buy my kids things like this fresh from the store. I prefer to get them gently used, they are just too expensive otherwise. But I saw this table in an ad and I thought it would be perfect! And it was marked way down at a discount store.

Once we got it set up, we realized that if we put sand in it there would be no way to move it. In addition, if you put sand in one half and water in the other, well, really, you were just going to have wet sand. That was not terribly appealing to me. Besides, I managed to pick up a Little Tikes sandbox for $2 on a garage sale, so we already had the sand part taken care of. Thus we wound up with a water table. Fortunately for me, my children LOVE a good water activity, and a water table is absolutely perfect for them. I am not sure what they would do if there was sand in half of it, to be honest.

It winters in the shed. The kids have been antsy about their summer toys, particularly Kutey, who has asked incessantly since January if Daddy has put up her pool yet. It won't be warm enough for that for a bit yet, but the water table seems to have satisfied both of them for the time being. We got it out yesterday. I haven't seen much of them at all today as they have been happily playing outside in the warm, fresh air, spilling as much water as they like.

As you can see there are many, MANY toys in it. Some of them were intended for the sandbox, and got sidetracked to the water table. Some of them were repurposed for it. Their favorites are the small boats, the water wheels, and the plastic medicine droppers.

No comments: