Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend.

The kids spent the night at my sister's house on Saturday. The kids adore Auntie J and Uncle V. She doesn't have children of her own, but is the best aunt a kid could have. She is also generally our babysitter of choice. We took them to her house mid-afternoon on Saturday and left them there until a little before the Super Bowl yesterday.

In that time, they went cross-country skiing, ice skating, and sledding! They also baked cookies and played soccer and river rafting on the Kinect. I can barely get that much fun into a whole week! It is no wonder they love Auntie J and Uncle V.

I have no picture of any of this, since I wasn't there. I did get to eat the cookies, and hear the stories. Apparently Kutey is quite the dare-devil. The hill they sled on is quite large, and Kutey insisted on going from the top. Uncle V went with her twice, but then she went on her own. Not to be shown up by his little sister, Kiddo went to the top, too. From what I hear, he would have been content with the half hill, had Kutey not desired more.

We joined them all at Grandpa's house to watch the Super Bowl. We had way more food than we needed, but the company was great, and the game turned out to be pretty good, too! I really did not care who won. I do have to say, however, that if you turn the ball over 4 times, you really shouldn't win a game that big.

While the kids were off having fun, Hubby and I went out on a date! We should do that more often. We went to The King's Speech. Fabulous, fabulous movie. And not just because I like Colin Firth (Mr. Darcy, don't you know). I learned a lot about the history of Great Britain, and it made me want to learn more. It was extremely well-done. I did feel rather old, however. It is entirely possible that we were the youngest people in the theater. After the movie we went to dinner at a Thai restaurant we enjoy, but the kids do not.

We all came home last night ready to begin a new week!

No comments: