Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Sharing Monday--The Gods and Goddesses of Olympus

books,2011

This book is one recommended in Story of the World, Vol. 1. I requested it from the library but it took the slow train to get there, so we read it a little late. It is the book on which we based our Greek gods and goddess family tree. It is a good introduction to the Greek gods and goddesses, from Gaea and Uranus on to Zeus. There is a brief introduction and history, followed by the basic story of each god or goddess.

books,2011

It turns out, Kutey LOVES this book. She has adopted it. She has carried it around the house with her. She has paged through it many, MANY times. It is so popular, I have added it to my list of books to consider purchasing. Kutey has a plan to make puppets of each of the gods and goddesses in the book, so she can do puppet shows with them. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Have you checked out Book Sharing Monday at Canadian Home Learning? You should!

2 comments:

l said...

I have always enjoyed Aliki books! This one looks great too. Thanks for sharing!

Serena said...

I showed my son, who does like Greek Mythology, and we've put this book on hold at our library. It's been a very long time since we've seen an Aliki book in this house, brings back memories, lol. Thanks!