Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I forgot

When we first started our homeschooling journey, two and a half years ago, one of the things we did was a daily walk. Sometimes it was just around the triangle--a three block area near our house. Other times it was through our park, and others it was out and about somewhere. But we tried to walk daily. We stopped when the weather turned foul, as it does here in Minnesota. We never really got back into the habit.

Yesterday was very nice, so we went for a walk. It was the second walk we have been on in as many weeks, what with the weather improving and all. And I was reminded of the simple joy I found in those walks. We didn't go far, a little over a mile and a half, but it was beautiful. The fresh air was wonderful. The kids running and smiling and laughing was bliss. I forgot. I forgot how nice a daily walk can be. I need to try to remember. It did wonders for my attitude!

(Of course, today the weather was absolutely foul. There was no walk today.)

No comments: