Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The hits just keep on coming!

January really needs to just end already!

Hubby came home from work sick.

That makes 3 Wednesdays in a row that someone has been sick, along with one random Monday.

And yes, I realize the first of those was not technically in January. I'm taking it out on January anyway.

I have never used this much Lys*l (which I dislike immensely, but when you are trying to avoid passing a crappy illness around the house again, you call out the big guns) in this short of an amount of time.

I want to throw open the windows and have us all breathe different air! But this is Minnesota. And it is winter.

All I can do is sigh. And walk around with a disinfecting wipe in my hand.

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

If you are open to some creative ideas...I have used chopped garlic to control colds. Just chop it up and keep it on a plate by each bed. If you have pets, you need to keep them from eating it, as garlic can be toxic to pets.

We also have the last resort cure for lingering colds: chop garlic and let it rest for ten minutes. Mix it with honey (not for children under two) and take a teaspoonful each day.

We also use some essential oils to clean the air in the bedrooms. A few drops of Eucalyptus oil at the foot of each bed or on a tissue.

I hope everyone feels better soon!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

schmobes said...

If it was a cold, I would follow your directions. Sadly it is a stomach bug. Any ideas for that?