Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank goodness for friends

Kiddo is sick today. Hubby had to go back to work, and honestly didn't know Kiddo was sick until he was already there. Kiddo says he threw up "in the middle of the night," but that just means it was still dark.

Unfortunately, I am out of Gator*de, ginger ale, and laundry detergent. How does one run out of laundry detergent? Easy--do 15 unexpected loads of sick laundry. There are several more to go, too, unfortunately. Bedding and such. But anyway, I am out of these things. I can't leave Kiddo and just run to the store, not when he is sick.

This is where having a good friend who lives near by is great. I emailed my friend A this morning, and asked if she might possibly be able to go to the store for me. She said sure! So I emailed her a list, and the urgent items will be taken care of. YAY! A works part-time, so I am even more grateful that she is willing to take her free time to go and run an errand for us.

Friends are great. Thanks, A! I hope I never have to return the favor, but I absolutely would!

No comments: