Friday, January 21, 2011

Theseus and the Minotaur

This week in history we studied the Minoans. I say we, because I am not sure my history study prior to homeschooling included study of the Minoans.

Part of this study was the story of Theseus and the Minotaur. One suggested activity for this was to build a labyrinth with the Minotaur at the center, a model of the maze the minotaur lived in. I chose to skip the clay and cardboard, and kiddo made one out of LEGOS. You should have seen his excitement when I gave him the assignment. LEGOS + History=excitement.

I gave no direction. He went upstairs and happily built, I stayed away until he brought me the finished product.

2011,history,SOTW

He was limited by the size of base we have in this particular set of LEGOS. If we are going to continue building things like this, I think I should get a larger base, or at least a few bases that can be combined into one larger base.

2011,history,SOTW

I love how Theseus is standing in the entrance, holding his sword and a "torch". There is a grey piece near his feet that represents the ball of wool. The Minotaur is actually D*rth Maul. You go with what you've got!

2011,history,SOTW

No comments: